Wednesday 7 December 2011

EXAM TIPS CLASSES MONDAY -read these texts and be prepared to discuss them


Standard Level Students Read before class on Monday

To Women, As Far As I'm Concerned - D. H. Lawrence

The feelings I don't have I don't have.
The feelings I don't have, I won't say I have.
The feelings you say you have, you don't have.
The feelings you would like us both to have, we neither of us have.
The feelings people ought to have, they never have.
If people say they've got feelings, you may be pretty sure they haven't got them.
So if you want either of us to feel anything at all 
You'd better abandon all idea of feelings altogether.


HIGHER LEVEL STUDENTS READ BEFORE CLASS ON MONDAY


Why should I blame her that she filled my days
With misery, or that she would of late
Have taught to ignorant men most violent ways,
Or hurled the little streets upon the great,
Had they but courage equal to desire?
What could have made her peaceful with a mind
That nobleness made simple as a fire,
With beauty like a tightened bow, a kind
That is not natural in an age like this,
Being high and solitary and most stern?
Why, what could she have done, being as she is?
Was there another Troy for her to burn?

WB Yeats.

3 comments:

  1. Dear sir, the link below has some data about the poem
    http://homepage.eircom.net/~splash/NST.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://homepage.eircom.net/~splash/NST.html
    the link above is for "No second Troy"

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks anonymous :)
    see you all on Monday :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.