Tuesday 15 October 2013

Mira Nair interview on the challenges of turning books into films - "The Reluctant Fundamentalist"


Q. You have made films on the works of sub-continental writers like Jhumpa Lahiri (The Namesake) and Mohsin Hamid (The Reluctant Fundamentalist). Are there others that you want to work with like Amitav Ghosh? In fact, I believe you and Amitav Ghosh were contemporaries in Delhi University. You were in Miranda and Amitav Ghosh was in St Stephen’s?
Ya, we are close friends, Amitav and I. I would love to but right now, I am doing ‘Monsoon Wedding’ on stage as a musical on Broadway. I don’t have a plan to adapt another book in the near future but I keep reading and my eyes are open and it could happen again without a problem. http://in.movies.yahoo.com/blogs/firstcut/conversation-mira-nair-115152089.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.